Day 1 : 27th Sep'2007.
So, finally I get a head start on my Saltwater tank. have been keeping freshwater fishes for about 2 years now, and thought this is the right time to go for a marine tank.
Problem was, I knew nothing about how to proceed. Google and various forums on aquariums helped. Finally I got all the required materials , which included :
1. Protein Skimmer (Weipro)
2.Cannister Filter
3.Hydrometer
4.API Saltwater Master Test Kit
5.Air Pump
6.Two power heads (One of 600 lph and another of 2000 lph)
7.One Heater
8.Pipe and air stone
9.20 Kgs of Sea Rock
10.2 bags of Coral Gravel
11.11 Kgs of Live Rock
12. Tank sized 36*24*24 inches.
13. RO water.
14. Undergravel Filter
So, I got down to setting things up along with the help of my friend,deb.Right now everything has been setup and started. However , I feel I went wrong in my skimmer. Some forums suggest that I did not even need a canister filter as long as I purchase live rocks. My skimmer does not seem to work. I am slightly confused about the water level in my skimmer and the power head to use with it. Currently I have the 2000 GPH powerhead attached with the skimmer, but nothing is skimming out. Will try different settings tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment